Clarendon Medical Centre

Lines open: 8.00am to 6.30pm

Who should I see?

We try to keep our GP appointments for patients with more serious health problems.

Before you book an appointment to see a doctor please consider whether an appointment with a practice nurse might be appropriate. They can help you with a wide range of medical problems.

Our receptionists can help you decide which is the right person for you to see.

You can find out the range of NHS services to help you and your family in this handy downloadable guide

Self care

If you have a cough, cold, headache or other minor ailment try treating yourself at home first. Find out more about treatments for common minor ailments.

Please remember that self-care for common conditions can help free up our GPs’ time, making it easier to get an appointment when you have a more serious condition.

Your pharmacist can help too

Within Hyde all the pharmacies participate in ‘Minor Ailment Scheme’. This means that your local pharmacist can now treat some minor ailments and conditions on the spot, sometimes without an appointment. These include head lice, sore throat, cough, cold and hay fever.

Pharmacists are highly trained health professionals and can give you confidential health advice for a range of common illnesses and complaints.

Don’t wait for a GP appointment for coughs, colds, aches and pains. Just give your local pharmacy a call or drop in – there’s no need to make an appointment.

Your pharmacists can also help you decide if you need to see a doctor or nurse.

Click here for more information about how pharmacies can help you.

Dental treatment

For dental treatment out of hours, you can call NHS 111 for self-care advice.

If your problem is more urgent, you can access out-of-hours dental services in your area by telephoning your dentist, who should have an answerphone message with details of how to access treatment out-of-hours.

NHS 111

111 is the free NHS non-emergency number.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Click here for more information about how NHS 111 can help you.

Accident and Emergency

A&E is for life-threatening accidents and emergencies only. Before you go there, ask yourself, “Is it a real emergency?”

If not, please consider using other local health services before you visit A&E.

Your nearest Accident and Emergency Department is at Tameside General Hospital, Fountain Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6

Date published: 17th February, 2017
Date last updated: 12th January, 2023